Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Why Should The Fire Die?

In six days, a new album by Nickel Creek will be released, their first since 2002, when they made This Side and won the Grammy for best contemporary folk album.

My close friends are aware that I have beaten this date to death for the last several months. As I said in an earlier post, I drive my wife nuts talking about this. I listen to their albums and concerts and concerts in the car and even occasionally act like a jerk about it. I sing their songs in the grocery and bang the little plastic seat with my hands. I play their songs on my guitar when I should be working.

What could possibly be worth all this heartache? The answer is Why Should The Fire Die? (sort of hard to punctuate that last sentence) I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, but I hadn't been able to listen to it, unlike some lucky dogs who bought theirs through Amazon. But now it's here; it's the audio stream of every track on the album, start to finish. I had trouble opening it with anything but Internet Explorer; it pops up a front for what I assume is Windows Media Player that includes their videos and albums. Just click "Play All Songs", give it a listen. Come on, it's easy!

(And no, I will not get rich and famous by telling you all to go buy this or click on my links. Dan don't play that. If I ever start blog ads and do start getting rich, it will remain patently obvious what not to click on. Just love the music, man.)

This album rules. I can't stop listening to it.

No comments: