Thursday, January 31, 2008

New song in the bar to the left

This is a depressing song by Radiohead called "No Surprises". It is about sleepily, sheepily letting the man walk all over you until you die. The lyrics can be found here.

I figured it would be fun to put my vocal microphone through the effects pedal and see what I could do. Mostly I am playing with vibrato and fiddling with the delay with one hand while holding the mike with the other. I recorded two vocal tracks.

I am also messing with a pitch shifter, which is a cheap way to turn a six-string guitar into something that plays two octaves at once, a poor man's twelve-string.

By the way, it's on OK Computer, a no-brainer way to buy one of the best albums of the 1990s.

I would be failing you if I didn't post the real version as well. The video features the lead singer of Radiohead, who is, or was, claustrophobic and afraid of drowning.

No comments: