Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's been a busy couple of weeks

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My family has been visiting in Denver: Mom, Dad, and Rachel. We have been busy not being busy: going to the bookstore, playing Nintendo together, going to movies, eating my dad's cooking, and generally having a great holiday.

I read The Hobbit, which you should also read, and I got some great book recommendations for my dad. I'm ready to scale Mt. Baroque Cycle soon, and some more Gene Wolfe, Lord of the Rings, and more!

The most interesting part of the week has been family devotional time. Mom came up with it. All of us will have taken a night, through tomorrow. We've talked about whether God is fair, how we should worship a child-God, about the difficulty of prayer and church discipline. I will try to get to these in blog posts.

Dad wants me to create a book-group-creating/management web site. My cursory investigations have not yielded a similar service on the internet.

Cheers to all of you!

No comments: