Sunday, June 11, 2006

A passing thought

I was just rereading that ministry post and the thought occurred to me; in the parable of the sheep and goats, Jesus says, "Whatever you did to the least of these, you did to me." So, keeping in the spirit of that post, we as Christians have inflicted the Four Spiritual Laws presentation on Jesus as many times as there are stars in the heavens. The mind boggles.

How about if, instead of meandering through canned presentations, we talked about how God was alive to us and real to us, and we delighted in how God was moving in our life? In my mind's eye, I can imagine Jesus enjoying hearing about those things. I can also imagine him rolling his eyes: "Law 1? God created you to know him personally and has a plan for your life? Here we go again."

We were created delightedly and personally and we witness to God earnestly and impersonally? We are magnificent individuals with unique value to God, and we all have the same schtick? Something does not add up here.

No comments: